ABOUT THE WALKING THUNDER TEAM
The Walking Thunder film relied upon these people for their talent, skill and co-operation.
David Aubrey is a filmmaker and owner of Lightningwood Pictures, a production and post-production company in Santa Fe, NM for over 35 years. His career has spanned an international scope of feature, documentary, commercial and collaborative arts projects. He works in different capacities on different projects as a director, cinematographer, editor, colorist and provides consultation on all aspects of production.
- He earned an American Cinema Editors nomination for Best Edited Documentary in 1993 for Baraka
- As director of photography and editor, he lensed the 1994 concert film, Toward the Within, featuring Dead Can Dance, and the 1998 feature film, Soundman, shot in Santa Fe.
- He is a 2013 recipient of an Emmy Award as Cinematographer and Editor for the documentary, Canes of Power, 2012.
- More recently, he was director, dp and editor for two award-winning films about Southwest Native perspective, A Thousand Voices, 2014 and Defending the Fire, 2017.
- He calls his editorial trek with the elephants, wondrous.
As producer, she currently oversees the Film Division of the Blackstone Entertainment Group, a multi-platform entertainment company primarily focusing on film, music and online and mobile content.
As Composer, she’s scored over 130 film and television projects, including LOVE WALKED IN (with Terrance Stamp and Denis Leary), NEW JERSEY DRIVE (dr. Nick Gomez), DEAR DIARY (Executive Produced by Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg),and Susan Seidelman’s THE DUTCH MASTER starring Mira Sorvino. Wendy has worked with top filmmakers such as Spike Lee, Glenn Close, David Frankel, Betty Thomas, Thomas Carter, Dean Parisot and Tom Fontana.
The films she’s composed for have been nominated for or won 8 Academy Awards and many Emmy Awards. Wendy was nominated for an Emmy for her music for THE LORD IS NOT ON TRIAL and she scored the Tony nominated play TWILIGHT LOS ANGELES, written and performed by Anna Deveare Smith.
In documentaries, she composed soundtracks for:
Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky’s PARADISE LOST 3 for HBO, which was nominated for an Oscar for Best Feature
Documentary in 2012, THE ALZHEIMER PROJECT for HBO,
James Gandolfini’s ALIVE DAY: Memories from Iraq, Alex
Gibney’s HUMAN BEHAVIOR EXPERIENCE, Snoop Dogg’s
CALIFORNIA YOUTH AUTHORITY and Simon & Goodman’s
Oscar Winning STRANGERS NO MORE, among others.
Producer and CEO of Hard Working Movies – established to produce films that are cinematic and tell great stories, with a focus on director driven features. Her award-winning films have screened theatrically and in top international festivals as well as on HBO, PBS, Showtime, The Sundance Channel, Channel 4 UK, the BBC, ZDF/Arte, NHK, Canal+, and all over the world.
Producer on over 20 feature documentaries, including:
• KIKI (dir. Sara Jordenö), which premiered at Sundance
• CAPTIVATED: The Trials of Pamela Smart (dir. Jeremiah Zagar), which was a coproduction with HBO and Sky Atlantic
• 112 WEDDINGS, which won multiple festival audience awards and was broadcast on HBO, BBC Storyville and ZDF/Arte
• the award-winning 51 BIRCH STREET (dir. Doug Block)
• THE EDGE OF DREAMING (dir. By Amy Hardie), released by Kino Lorber and broadcast on POV, Channel 4
• THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, selected for The Whitney Biennial